The Generac iQ2000 is a super quiet generator with some great features. Whether you are looking for a portable generator to use as a backup power source during an electrical outage or for recreational outdoor uses like camping and tailgating, this generac inverter may be the right choice for you. In this review, we will highlight the main features of the Generac iQ2000. We’ll consider performance, ease of use and maintenance considerations. Furthermore, we will compare this generator with two of the most popular inverter generators on the market, the Honda EU2000i and the Yamaha EF2000iS.
- 1 What Is An Inverter Generator?
- 2 What Can You Run On This Inverter Generator?
- 3 What Run Times Can We Expect From This Portable Inverter Generator?
- 4 Can You Run Two iQ2000 Generators In Parallel?
- 5 How Loud Is The Generac iQ2000?
- 6 How Does The Generac iQ2000 Compare With The Yamaha EF2000iS And The Honda EU2000i?
- 7 What Are Common Accessories For The Generac iQ2000?
- 8 What Warranty Comes With The Generac iQ2000?
- 9 What Are The Main Features?
- 10 Conclusion
What Is An Inverter Generator?
An inverter generator is a generator that produces raw power but then uses special electronics to condition it through multiple steps. As a result, you get clean power very similar to the line power coming into your home. This makes it safe for electronic devices. Furthermore, the engine speed can vary depending on the load. The variable engine speed based on load results in fuel efficiency, reduced noise and a longer lasting generator.
What Can You Run On This Inverter Generator?
The Generac iQ2000 provides 1600 running watts and has a surge capacity of 2000 watts. This means that for a short period of time, it can provide up to 2000 watts for a starting device or appliance but can provide 1600 watts continuously. Some common appliances that require less than 1600 running watts include refrigerators, microwave ovens, electrical space heaters, coffee makers and many more.
One of the important features of an inverter generator is the clean power it can provide, much like the power coming into your home. This means you can safely charge your sensitive electronic devices, i.e. your smartphones, tablets and computers.
What Run Times Can We Expect From This Portable Inverter Generator?
Thanks to the different power modes, the generator’s fuel consumption will vary depending on the load. As a result, the iQ2000 will provide up to 7.7 hours of run time at 25% load.
Can You Run Two iQ2000 Generators In Parallel?
Yes! With an optional parallel kit, you can connect two iQ2000 generators, which will double the power output level. Running two generators in parallel will provide up to 3200 running watts and 4000 surge or starting watts.
How Loud Is The Generac iQ2000?
According to Generac, the iQ2000 is one of the quietest inverter generators if not the quietest on the market. Some noise level comparisons show that this generac outperforms even the Honda EU2000i, one of its main competitors. In any case, inverter generator technology is much quieter in general, and there’s not that much difference between the two. To get an even quieter power source, you may want to consider the emerging solar generator technology.
How Does The Generac iQ2000 Compare With The Yamaha EF2000iS And The Honda EU2000i?
The Honda EU2000i and the Yamaha EF2000iS are certainly at the top of their class for 2000 watt inverter generators. They are known for superior construction and reliability. The Generac iQ2000 also has excellent ratings overall but seems to get more dings on reliability.
The iQ2000 does have some unique features, especially related to performance monitoring and user feedback, that set it apart from other generators. Unique to the iQ2000 is the digital control panel with its fuel gauge and run time display to indicate how much time remains before needing to refuel.
The power bar on the control panel is also a unique feature showing the load on the generator. This is useful information to the user that can help prevent overloading the generator and selecting the correct power mode. Note that both the Honda EU2000i and the Yamaha EF2000iS adjust engine speed automatically depending on the load, therefore they do not include a power dial.
What Are Common Accessories For The Generac iQ2000?
What Warranty Comes With The Generac iQ2000?
The Generac iQ2000 comes with a 3 year limited warranty.
What Are The Main Features?
- The iQ2000 is a 2000 watt portable gas-powered inverter generator, 1600 running watts/2000 starting watts.
- Clean power makes it safe for charging sensitive electronics.
- Control panel includes status indicators to alert you when the generator fuel or oil levels are low. There are also indicators to alert you when the generator is overloaded or overheating.
- The Control panel also includes a PowerBar with status lights showing the wattage being used at any moment.
- Automatic low oil level shutdown switch protects the engine from damaage.
- Electronic fuel gauge shows amount of remaining fuel.
- Digital display shows remaining run time. This is a very useful indicator for when you need to refuel the generator.
- This generator will provide up to 7.7 hours of run time at 25% load.
- It is a super quiet generator.
- With an optional parallel kit, you can connect to iQ2000 generators to get double the power.
- Product Dimensions: 16.9 x 12.6 x 20 inches
- Easy to use PowerDial on the control panel provides Start/Run/Stop functions
- Light weight at 46.2 pounds and built in handle make this generator easy to carry and very portable.
- You can also manually switch between 3 power modes to reduce the noise level and power consumption. The 3 modes are Turbo, Standard and Economy.
- CARB Compliant
- 3 year limited warranty
The Generac iQ2000 is a highly regarded inverter generator. It is one of the quietest inverter generators on the market and compares very well with the best on noise level. While it is less expensive, it offers some unique features that set it apart from the top 2000 watt inverter generators. These features mostly have to do with the digital control panel that provides important information to the owner on remaining run time and load changes during operation.
It is a light, compact and portable generator and generally receives excellent reviews. On the point of reliability, I think it does well but still takes second place to the top Honda and Yamaha brands. That difference in reliability is reflected in the lower price. The lower price combined with its unique control panel may make it the best choice for you. You can find more information, caomparisons with other generators and check prices and discounts at Amazon.
If you want to investigate more inverter generators in the same 2000 watt range, check out some more reviews of popular generators here.