The Sengoku CTN-110 KeroHeat 10,000-BTU Portable Radiant Kerosene Heater is a great emergency source of heat during those unpredictable winter months. I have been through many an ice storm and lost power in my home for several cold days at a time. The Sengoku CTN-110 not only offers an emergency backup for heat, but it can also be used daily as a supplement to your central heating system, maybe to heat one of the cold rooms in your house and potentially save you money on your heating bills.
Kerosene heaters are safe to use when safety precautions are followed; this heater is no exception. Furthermore, it is quite small and portable, weighing only about 20 pounds, and can be easily moved between rooms in your home as needed. If you are looking for a garage space heater, the Sengoku CTN-110 makes an excellent choice. It is a radiant heater, so it provides warmth very quickly to anyone in close proximity. It is perhaps the best kerosene heater for indoor use and makes for a great garage space heater.
What Are The Main Features Of The Sengoku CTN-110?
- This heater has some great feature. It is a small kerosene heater that is easy to use and economical too.
- Though it is small, this radiant kerosene heater provides an output of 10,000 BTU and can heat a room of up to 380 square feet. It is perfect for heating just about any room in your home!
- The Sengoku CTN-110 is easy to use with its automatic ignition which does require 4C batteries. The batteries are included. Furthermore, it has a removable fuel tank, making it easier to refill the tank.
- It is very efficient and convenient. It has a fuel capacity of 1.2 gallons. This small kerosene heater can provide 14.5 to 16 Hours of heat per filling!
- Safety features include an automatic shut off and a safety grille. Therefore, if the heater were to be accidentally tipped or if it gets too hot, the automatic shut-off switch kicks in to turn it off.
- A siphon pump is included that will make it easy for you to empty the tank as needed. This would come in handy, when it’s time to put away the heater for the summer, or if you want to move it to a different location.
- Product Dimensions: 19.7 x 18.5 x 12.2 inches
- Weighs 20 pounds
- 2 year limited manufacturer’s warranty
What Type Of Kerosene Should You Use?
Only use fresh K-1 kerosene in this heater. You can usually find it at local convenience stores and service stations. You can also find kerosene cans for storage here at Amazon for storage.
Pros And Cons
- Lightweight and portable
- Automatic shutoff protects against accidental tipping
- Easy to use with its removable fuel tank and automatic ignition system
- Heats a room up to 380 square feet
- Puts out a lot of heat – 10,000 BTU
- Gives off some odor upon startup and shutdown
- Some owners have noted problems with the igniter failing and with a poor performing wick after several burns.
The Sengoku CTN-110 KeroHeat is an amazing indoor portable kerosene heater. It is a small kerosene heater but produces enough heat to quickly warm most rooms in your house in a safe and efficient manner. Despite its advantages, though, you may still need something different. You may need a heater to warm a larger space or even a whole section of your house rather than a single room. If so, this radiant heater may not be the best choice. If you’re looking for a kerosene heater but don’t think this is the right one for you, check out these reviews of our top five picks.